Friday, 22 October 2010

what to do with 5 fat quarters...

...you can make a little baby quilt. For a baby that was born a few months ago and is still quiltless (there's a running theme. I'm always late with gifts).


Urban Circus Baby Quilt

I love these fabrics by Laurie Wisbrun for Robert Kaufman. They're perfect for a baby, but not too babyish. (It has binding on now - white to match the sashing).

Next mission is to make a big version like this - maybe without the sashing, for the Ginger boy.

But I really need to get back to sewing those scrappy squares together......

a morning's work

All the previous quilt along posts are below;

Fabric Requirements
Block A instructions

9 comments:

cauchy09 said...

i am so much in love with those tiny squares. i agree with your theory on the uglies perking up in scrappy designs; i use them all the time. this is gonna be a great quilt!

Poppyprint said...

scrap vomit is looking so good!
I love your 5 FQ baby quilt....I realize you've been quilting along sharing everything lately, but I'm gonna be cheeky and ask if you'd share the sizes of the squares in there. I've got a castle peeps FQ set that would be perfect for this sweet pattern :)

trash said...

Loving that fabric and (once again) you are right, it makes perfect baby quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Sweet! I've got the same fabric, but in both colorways, and I've been trying to find just the right pattern for it. This might be it!

Lara said...

I love that elephant fabric. I really like baby things that are not pastel pukey. The little squares at the intersections of the sashing is a nice touch!

A said...

This looks great - I never know what to do with those FQs I bought because I loved them but don't want to buy anymore to go with them. I tried your wavy straight line quilting out and I love it.

Dawn said...

Do you have a pattern for the baby quilt?

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Love to see what you are working on.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Woo hoo, I've got my A blocks done :) Your blocks are looking good. Thank you for this quilt-a-long :)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!