Now that the little packages of scraps for my technicolour yawn quilt are off to my bee folks I made a mock up of how the quilt will look. Kinda. Except the actual quilt will be bigger - 7 rows of 7 (to finish up a HUGE 110"), and there will obviously be much more variety in the scraps - this mock up shows it to be a little heavy on the yellows. Strangely the block itself doesn't look that yellow heavy at all. That's the magic of scraps for you.
This will end up being by far the biggest quilt I've ever made. Although in actual fact, with fabric swaps, the help of incredibly awesome friends and my busy bees group I won't make many of the blocks at all. Not even half of them. That excites me even more. I'm wondering what I should do about the backing. Piece a scrappy backing? Make it more uniform? Binding will be black again - I love how it framed scrap vomit part one.
Now. Whilst we are playing with mosaics, I have a packing for market dilemma.
This is what I'm taking - (apologies for the blurry pic)
So what shoes do I pack? I'm limiting myself to one pair. One will already be on my feet, one to go in the case.
What's a girl to bring? They have to last me all day and all night (hence there's no heels - I die after 2 minutes in heels). Do I go for the ever faithful 3 strap flats, that go with everything and I live in all the time, or should I venture out into the world of tennis shoe/ballet pump crossovers? Or do I go all 'check out the freaky girl with tattoos and shoes that aren't a proper pair' with those kind of crazy one cream, one blue oxfords? It's a tough decision and I can't do it alone.
- ► 2014 (89)
- ► 2013 (246)
- ► 2012 (220)
- ah, back to my old self
- Quilt Market Scavenger Hunt - Prize Pack
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert Picks Day 7 (lavender...
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 6 (betty ...
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 5 (betty ...
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 4 (raspbe...
- Quilt Market - it's all about the business
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks Day 3 (brown)...
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 2 (countr...
- Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks Day 1 (purple...
- Salutations from Salt Lake City!!!
- The Dixon
- want to play a game?
- tough decisions and playing with scraps
- little packages
- My name is Katy - it's nice to meet you
- giveaway winners and thanks
- ▼ May (17)
- ► 2010 (102)