Saturday, 27 October 2012

what's new, American pussycat?

Hands up who's sulking because quilt market is on and we're not there? I feel like I'm missing out on all kinds of good stuff, most importantly Anna Maria Horner's Field Study substrates - voile, velveteen and rayon. That's right - rayon, for dressmaking. Exciting stuff.

But until we get to see all the super lovely things that the folks at quilt market are seeing this weekend, let's have a little end of the month cheer us up and look at some fabricy stuff. Yes?

Brenda at Pink Castle has her 25% off everything in store moving sale until the end of this month - use MOVING at checkout

Odds and ends is new in, and using the 25% off code, you get a bargain!


Not convinced by that picture? I agree - it looks a bit Christmassy, it's actually awesome and will sell out fast, then those prints that are especially great like this one below, will become incredibly covetable. That's what happens with Cosmo Cricket (although this collection is in Julie's own name and not the Cosmo name).


Over at Fat Quarter Shop (who have the best Quilt Market twitter coverage ever, if you are on twitter and are not following @fatquartershop, do it now!) David Butler/Parson Gray's new line has arrived.

There are 2 colourways - the blues and greys...



and the greens and browns....


I'm not as keen on those browns, because I'm not a brown person - but that green print in the bottom left of the mosaic is gorgeous. I love how David designs with a clear masculine aesthetic; this is a collection for guys. Separate out those prints, though, and you have some beautifully delicate looking individual prints. Gorgeous.

Also new in is Flutter from Riley Blake. I love the colours in this collection - red, orange and aqua - just gorgeous.


And for the Pirate lovers....


Sew Fresh Fabrics is at Quilt Market this weekend, and unlike the big boys it's just her in the shop, so shipping will be delayed until she's back.

Lots of new arrivals though. Riley Blake are doing it again with this print (it is that subtle in real life too, I have some and I love it)...


Sew Me A Song is also at Market - shipping will resume Tuesday. You can still go shopping though! How about this basics bundle in blues?


I know what you all want, more text.



Lola Pink Fabrics have their weekly special going on - 20% off all patterns. That's quilts, apparel, bags - everything. Grab 'em while you can!


Happy weekends!!!! I'm off to watch Ginger's football (soccer) match in the cold. I might sneak back to the car and do a little hand sewing once the game kicks off, it's absolutely freezing today, I can't handle the cold!

4 comments:

Sarah Russett said...

I so wish I was at market!! I went to Minneapolis a few years back and it was so awesome! Someday I want to go again. :)

dolores said...

Whoaaaaawhoawhoaaaahhhhh! You give me the Tom Jones earworm everytime you post What's New!;)

Yeah...my boss is at Market and then next week for festival. Can't wait for her to come back and tell us all about what will be new in the shop next year!

In the meantime I'm still plodding along on my Hexy MF....three more rows to sew together and it's applique time!:)

Nicky said...

Oh no I WANT those texts!

Fiodhna said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted that sewmeasong is at market. I'm going to try and find them tomorrow to thank them in person for their ridiculous text print bundles that have me flat broke but happy.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive