Friday, 30 November 2012

a few finishes

a few finishes

My bindathon is going extremely well. I am totally getting that ssshh done. This week I've finished binding scrap vomit part 4, quilted and bound the gelato stars quilt top I had lingering, and bound the tula pink marbles quilt. I also bound a quilt I can't show you yet, and started tying another little quilt top. It's been a pretty great week for finishes!

working through the get to-do list!

I even washed and dried those quilts too, so they feel soft and wrinkly. Scrap vomit part 4 washed up particularly well, it feels amazing.

I love how long arm Chris quilted the marbles quilt. The feathers are so soft and pretty.

marbles close up

I used this print to bind it, which was a bit of an afterthought if I'm quite honest. When I chose the fabrics I was at the Festival of Quilts and had to choose them on my phone, which was tricky. So by the time I got to choosing binding I was losing the will to live (the hotel internet was also diabolical) and just thought 'that'll do, who will even notice it anyway?' As it is, quite a few mentions have been made of how great the binding fabric is and how well it works. Yeh, I'm a genius. Or just super lucky. You decide.

About 330" of binding on this one. Finished last night. Phew.

It's frosty and cold outside today, but not raining so I'm hoping to get scrap vomit part 4 dragged through some not so muddy mud and I'll get some pics so I can blog it properly. And gelato stars too, although I might not want to take that one near mud...it's a bit pastelly for winter weather.

For now - here's marbles safely in the warm and the mud free house....

marbles - finished!

33 comments:

Swedish Scrapper said...

Beautiful finishes in a great setting for now! That large fathering came out nicely!

Leona said...

Gorgeous quilts....

Karen said...

Agree on binding choice! Any question on decision would most certainly be brilliant with a little luck thrown in for good measure :) I am on my way to SV 2 and can't wait to start.

Caryn said...

You wouldn't mind if I come and have a nap on your couch, would you? I so want to climb under that pile of quilts! Each one has a little something that makes my heart sing. :)

Kelsey said...

Beautiful wonderful quilts!!! I need to have a bindathon of my own - I've got three ready to go! Lovely quilts :)

Spoolhardy Girl said...

You're making me so guilty! I have a quilt top that I need to baste and quilt in the worst way, and I'm being completely lazy!!

Charlotte said...

looking spectacular!

Elsa said...

Everything is look fab! You inspire me so much!

wendysquilting said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to take those last few stitches in a quilt..well sometimes I'm a little sad when a fun quilt is finished. There are always more waiting in the wings though...
I love all of them and I'm really inspired to dig into the scrap bins maybe in the new year.

Archie the wonder dog said...

They're all beautiful!
P.S. I've looked and looked and can't see a penguin anywhere on the marbles quilt...

♥Duff said...

What a perfect quilt for m e to wake up to--bright, energetic,and I can't help but smile. The quilting looks great!

Tiara said...

I love love love that Marbles Quilt. It's amazing how some great fabric can really transform a pattern!

excuseme23 said...

Great quilts, the colours are terrific.

CarolT said...

Love the marbles quilt. My husband would love your lamp.

Judith, Belfast said...

They all look so beautiful and snuggly! Fab colours! Jxo

Cheryl Arkison said...

Damn lady! Come here and help me. Bring those Canadian boots of yours.
And your lamp, my Hubby wants it.

marcella said...

Wow, you are amazing! I need some of that quilting energy that you have for sure :-) The quilts are great looking. Hope your finishing keeps up and you get all you want accomplished done.

Flying Blind... said...

Shhhhhhhh*t you're good!

Sonia said...

Have you even had time to sleep?! The quilts are looking fab and I love the snowballs quilt. Have a top weekend x

Nicky said...

What's with the Golden Gun Katy? Looks like it came out of Q's workshop!?

All gorgeous quilts - love the lazy stripe in the border!

Isisjem said...

Gorgeous - I really wanted to climb into that first pic and get under both quilts and curl up on your sofa until spring...

Jill said...

I'm seriously enamored with your scrap vomit quilt. (I think it has more than a little to do with the orange-turquoise-black combo.) the quilting on the marbles quilt is divine, and the gelato stars quilt is so lovely and unassuming (but in only the best kind of way).

peacedgoods said...

love the quilts. and your sofa. and your would floor. i would love a tour of your entire house.

peacedgoods said...

would floor???? i mean wood. silly me.

CathyK said...

Wonderful finishes! Love them!

Marian Griffin said...

Wow you're on fire!!! I admire that you do the bindings by hand. It's so pretty, I just don't have the patience for it! Well done, I wish I lived on your side of the pond so I could steal one, or all of them ; )

mascanlon said...

Wow, you have been a real roll this week! Love the Marbles!

AmandaA said...

Of course you're a genius, Katy - and an inspiration. I've got a challenge quilt to finish for December 13th, and after that I'm going to have a finishathon too. Well, that's the plan anyway.

Lisa said...

Wow they look gorgeous.

Katy Cameron said...

Both looks great, and you were obviously just telepathic with the binding ;o)

Mama Pea said...

Great quilts! I just finished one, too. I need to get the label on and that's it. I am having trouble getting motivated to do it. Argh!

diane said...

I vote genius!

Caroline Langdell said...

A strangley un-quilt related question if I may? Could I ask where you got the lamp next to your sofa in the Marbles quilt picture?

If it is what I think it is, my other half would LOVE LOVE LOVE one!

Thanks
x

P.S. B.A.utiful quilts as always!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive