Saturday, 17 November 2012

what's new, American pussycat?

It's the weekend! It's time to check out the fabricy goodness of this week!

Ikebana from Dear Stella fabrics has just landed at Pink Castle fabrics this week. You should check out the Dear Stella pinterest board for this line because it looks so fresh and beautiful. I do love a really good green and these are incredibly good.


Tula Pink's The Birds and the Bees is on sale at $8/yard. Not all of the prints are in stock, but it's a good opportunity to snap up a few prints and save! (speaking of which - have you entered my giveaway for a twin sized quilt kit thanks to Fat Quarter shop?)

The SOLIDS15 coupon is still working for 15% off all in stock solids (that's almost 250 different solids!), until November 26th. Use it while you can - you can never have too much yardage of your favourite basic solids on hand.

Lastly, a quick mention of the cherry limeade bundle I put together because there's only 4 bundles left in stock so if you were thinking about getting one, maybe do that now while you can.



Fat Quarter Shop have some great new arrivals like this from Robert Kaufman....


And this lovely bundle of dots....

And this new line from Laurie Wisbrun...



Other new arrivals are Notting Hill by Joel Dewberry and Simple Marks by Malka Dubrowsky

I had a little hunt through the pages of Sew Me A Song to make an imaginary bundle inspired by dress making and fashion. Here is is...


and (in no particular order) - the fabrics are; Couture ladies, Dress Ups, Sewing Pattern, Queen Anne, ScissorsTailor Made and Labels

That was fun. You should try it!

Sew Fresh Fabrics have Lucky Penny by Alison Glass and it's gorgeous and rich and jewel like - I absolutely love it (and Alison too, she's fab)

Bike Path is a fantastic basic that deserves it's own line - just a hundred different colours.



Mural is a gorgeous large scale print


Go check out Alison's blog and the flickr group to see what kind of gorgeous stuff has been created so far with Lucky Penny. And keep an eye on this lady - she has a really good eye for detail and colour and it shows in her work. It's way more multi layered and developed than some designers, and obviously wasn't just banged out in an evening with a glass of wine and a 'yeah, that'll do' attitude

Look at Sara. She whipped up a dress from the mural print (literally - like that exact day they arrived. No lie) Isn't it beautiful? (Isn't she beautiful? *sigh*). She's running a sew along for this dress pattern and talks more about it over on her blog, so go check it out.

Sis Boom Rebecca Dress

There we go - that's it for today. I'm going to a kids' birthday party later (oh joy) and hopefully finding a few minutes to stitch some hexagons. My life seems to be one big hexathon at the minute.

I still haven't managed to get photos of the bigger version of the quilt I made from Modern Quilts. It's big and finding a nice spot to take a picture without looking like a complete idiot isn't easy.






7 comments:

Flying Blind... said...

Enjoy your party time - I (aka Pizza Hit) are hosting one today; 16 x 6 & 8 year olds - oh joy x

Swedish Scrapper said...

Oh, I just love this chatty fabric feature--I've got 5 extra windows open just from this post, amd sure I will get some great ideas (erm, and stash, at the very least, imaginary.) Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Firѕt of all I would like tο say wοnderful blog!
I had a quіck question that I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

I ωаs interested to κnοω hοw
you centег yοurself аnd clear уοur thoughts prior tо wrіtіng.

I've had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Many thanks!
Also see my page :: protein shakes for diabetics

themissymom said...

So much fabric...so little time...

mo said...

Alison's fabric is really gorgeous!! I am in love with your dress making bundle!!

ThirdMargaret said...

Fabric, fabric. It's nice to "know" people like you who understand!

I wish I was young enough & slender enough to wear a dress like sweet Sara's! She looks so very lovely.

Deborah Mitchell said...

I took my grandson's quilt outside and laid it out on the grass. Then I drug a ladder out to step up so I could get a could shot of it. It was rather sunny, so to not get my shadow on it I had to walk around the quilt until I was facing the sun. I think next time I will take the bigger step ladder out so I can get just a bit higher.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive