Friday, 28 December 2012

2012 is almost over

2012 in quilts

Is it just me or did 2012 fly by really fast?

I was pretty busy this year...lots of changes and lots of good stuff.

Highlights were (in no particular order);


  • Karaoke at spring quilt market with Tula (we murdered Gettin' Jiggy With It, in case you were wondering)
  • The Fat Quarterly Retreat in June (who is coming to next year's - there are still tickets available!)
  • Helping out Sizzix at the Festival of Quilts in August (and hanging out with Lauli and Tula)
  • Going to Sewing Summit - meeting so many old friends (Megan, Amber, Angela to name but a few) for the first time in real life, and making new friends. And more hanging out with Lauli (and Audrie and Amy and Sheila and Alexia and Al and Kaye...and...and...I honestly can't list everyone, there were so many people I loved hanging out with)
  • having the Fat Quarterly book come out
  • being involved in the Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe book
  • the swoon along
  • leaving Fat Quarterly - ok, that is a bittersweet highlight....but watch this space for the sweetness!
  • making quilts (obviously! Some of them are up there in that mosaic)


2013 is coming up fast. I've got a lot more planned...

  • Pat Sloan invited me to be part of the 2013 Aurifil Design team, which is really exciting. More on that really soon.
  • I have some fun stuff happening in May... Camp Stitchalot with Pink Castle Fabrics (tickets have literally just gone on sale - find out all the details by clicking here
  • there's Spring Quilt Market in Portland, with me possibly doing a schoolhouse. Gulp. (That's a bit of a hint, I'm not saying any more than that)
  • Fat Quarterly retreat 2013. I'm there again, and teaching, again!
  • and more! It's going to be a good year, I can feel it. 

What about you? What does 2013 hold for you - anything exciting? What was your highlight of 2012?




17 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

You've had an amazing year, see you at FQR!

Fiodhna said...

Hmm camp stitch a lot sounds fun! I would need a no snore roomie or I'd have to go to bed hammered each night either way could be dicey. :) I hope to ring in the New Years with a ring on it lol. He thinks he's gonna surprise me, muhaha. Other than that hoping to get to Ireland for my Aunt's 50th and enjoying being dirty thirty. T minus 6 days!

Megan said...

I'm so honored to be included in the 'old friend' list! I hope we can hang out again in Portland. Your year of quilts is breathtaking and I'm still sorry I didn't swipe that Swoon when you weren't looking!

mascanlon said...

2012 has had it's share of ups and downs but we are blessed in family and friends and have much for which to be thankful. Quilting wise I had 6 or 7 finishes with three tops waiting to head out to the quilter. Making slow progress on Hexy MF and have plans to finish one more top with in a day or two of NY. Maybe I will get in a class or quilty trip....and 2013 is my year for Swoon...really!

CathyK said...

You sure had a busy year and we had a great year following your blog. You brighten my day each time I read your posts. I just love your sense of humor and I admire your quilting! I look forward to stalking, I mean following your blog in 2013.

jodie said...

a schoolhouse???? I KNEW IT !!!!! Cannot wait till Portland. Told my tax lady about the trip and she asked if it was a good business plan to go overseas...I responded it is not about business, its about The ginger monkey.....

heart of charnwood said...

For 2012 the overall highlight was finding some amazing blogs (including this one) for inspiration, and for 2013 I am personally looking forward to moving house and then in July, the Retreat, yay! : )

Elisabeth said...

Quite a year for you. It'll be fu to see all you get up to in 2013.
One of my highlights has to be the Fat Quarterly Retreat, the other one my Mindless Flannel quilt as it's been in constant use since it was unwrapped on Christmas Day (I realise that's only three days but I thought it would be discarded the second my daughter saw it).
Next year I'm looking forward to making more quilts and meeting everyone at the FQ Retreat again.

Nicky said...

Great year missus and looks like 2013 is going to be better!

My highlights FQ Retreat, getting so many UFOs finished and still liking them, finding out I can FMQ, running swap with Helen....and getting a puppy - shhhh don't tell the kids that one ....

Trudi said...

What a great year! And even more excitement to come! Highlights, hmm, FQR with the whole Brit Bee together for the first time, Festival of quilts and some juicy news, steady business ... 2013. ... Hoping for new big girl toy, FQR teaching ...

Sewing Directory said...

Wow you have achieved so much this year, can't wait to see what you get up to next year. I don't know how you manage to fit it all in!

My highlights were actually getting time for the things I love to do this year - sewing, reading and writing. Next years plan is to do a lot more of all 3 and hopefully write a book :-)

Happy 2013 x

diane said...

You have had a very productive and successful year. I hope 2013 will be even better for you and your family.

Sonia said...

you've made so many beautiful things this year even with all the changes going on. I've got a good feeling about 2013 (although it might invlove quite a lot of change!) and looking forward to hearing all your exciting news :) x

Cindy said...

Wow.....sounds like you'll be in the states a few times in 2013. Sounds exciting!

Lindsay Conner said...

Oh yay, I'm excited to hear more about what 2013 holds for you! It's fun to take a reflective look back, and to be thankful even for the bittersweet things. If you'd like to join, I'd love for you to link up your recap post at my 2012/2013 link party at Craft Buds: http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2012-year-in-review-link-party/

Jenniffier Kramer said...

All your projects look super cute. Good luck on all your upcoming projects they seem like a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

Sounds exciting. Really pleased I stumbled into all you quilters, can't remember how now. 2012 seems to have been a changing point in my sewing life. I finished my first quilt this year. I've 2 on the go & at least 5 more planned. All down to you lovely people I met on twitter. So thanks for all the inspiration. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps at FQR

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive