Friday, 14 December 2012

what's new, American pussycat?

Brenda at Pink Castle Fabrics has had a load of new arrivals this week. Lots of fun stuff added to the store, such as Type by Julia Rothman (pictured below). Some of the Architextures prints have sold out already, but they have been re-ordered. That collection is crazy popular so grab it fast, don't sit on the fence with it. Same goes for Type - this will sell out fast.


Field Study voiles are in stock now!!! These are buttery soft and amazing to sew with, or at least, that's what I've been reliably told - I haven't had my hands on any yet. Safe to say, if they are anything like the little folks voiles from a couple of years back, they'll be heavenly. Hexy MF was made with mostly little folks voiles and I just love how that quilt feels, and how much better it feels with every wash. There are 9 different prints in the voiles collection. I'm not sure what I want to do more - make a super soft quilt or buy a couple of yards and make a super soft scarf like the figure 8 scarf pattern on Anna Maria's website. Whilst we are talking Anna Maria, Field Study cottons are on sale at $8/yard. Chicopee is also on sale at $8/yard. There's a whole lot of new stuff added to the sale section actually, so go check it out. 


Tula Pink's salt water is in now too. The sea stripe is so good - wouldn't it make amazing borders?



I think this is a really fun gift idea. An English Paper Piecing starter kit. Everything you need to get you on your way - all you need to add is your fabric. I would seriously love this, it has my favourite paper pieces, my favourite thread and my favourite needles. Add in glue for basting and clover wonder clips and it's really a dream kit. Plus it's on sale too, so make a note and let Santa know you'd like it.




Lola Pink fabrics has a great block of the month club starting in January, with sign ups right now.

The fabrics are Michael Miller Poppy Love by Swirly Girl Designs, and you get a choice of 2 colourways. Vibrant (pictured below) and Vintage (reds, greys and greens). This looks like a really great club to be a part of, and the quilt design is gorgeous.


Also new in this week is the amazing Architextures, and for the woodland loving folks, Les Amis by Patty Sloniger, a really cute line with foxes, owls, turtles and more.


Every year Fat Quarter Shop has some crazy countdown to Christmas deal - and this year is no exception. Every day a different deal, but for that day only. Check their home page every single day for that day's deal. It's always a really awesome one!


Cleo by Dear Stella is new in this week. I don't think they have put out one collection this year that I haven't loved. This is so soft and serene, but modern. I absolutely love it.


Oh and this book is in stock now too. It's pretty damn good. Even if I do say so myself....


Plus Alchemy by Amy Butler is also new in. Gotta love Amy. She's a legend.


Sew Fresh Fabrics have Timber and Leaf in stock. Yet again, I have not a clue what this line is and then I see it and I almost die with excitement. It happened just last week with love notes and then this week there's all of this.....

The bear!!!


the deer!!!


the tree rings!!!

the fox!!!


Other new arrivals is the seasidey High Tide, and a new collection by Mary Englebreit which has some really nice black and colour prints. Worth checking out. Nothing can beat Timber and Leaf though, can it?



Sew Me A Song has equally exciting deliveries this week. Timber and Leaf is in stock here also, plus Maude Asbury's Gabbie. I wish this had arrived a few weeks ago and I could have made Christmas gift bags with it.

It's just so clever....


and it's colourful...


and it's fun...



Also new in are the fun penguins from Kokka....


And the ever popular pillowcase instructions by Timeless Treasures.


All in all, another amazing week for fabric arrivals. It almost feels like Christmas...oh wait...it totally feels like Christmas!
Happy shopping people!!!!

5 comments:

Mandalin said...

OMG those penguins!! I so need them, and I need a closer look at Cleo too!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love those penguins!!

Elsa said...

oh, thanks for posting about Sew Me a Song! I love that penguin fabric and so I bought it along with some text fabric AND I let her know that I found her through you!
You're dangerous! teehee

Julierose said...

I just started on a vomit quilt yesterday--I am using 2" squares as my Go Baby die cutter cuts this size AND I just found a bunch of 2 inchies that were supposed to be for a watercolor quilt that I never made from ages ago!! I must say that my piecing is not that accurate--EVEN with my 1/4" foot!! Yikes--perhaps this will cure that!! Or Not! But this is really fun ---Julierose Happy Holidays

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-14-baklava.html



I hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive