Saturday, 19 January 2013

what's new, American pussycat?

I can't believe it's the weekend already. Wow. Time really does fly. I had planned on blogging a few things this week, but they got neglected for the scrappy trip along  (actually, that was one of my planned blog posts - I'll have to save it for after the weekend...no biggie). To say I'm obsessed with making those scrappy trips around the world blocks is an understatement. I've made 75 blocks so far since- which is one 72" square quilt, one 60 x 72" quilt and one 36" square itty bitty quilt. Told you I was obsessed. You can hop on board at any time if you want to play along - it's a no frills, no pressure quilt along.

Anyhoo - let's go shopping to distract me from my latest obsession....

Lola Pink fabrics have 10% off all new arrivals until January 24th. The discount is already applied, which is super easy for you. Go check out the what's new section and get stocked up! (there's noteworthy from sweetwater, honey honey from Kate Spain, some fantastic lines from Benartex and much much more)

I think this line from Benartex is super cute. There's even a stuffed owl panel to go with it - which makes me ridiculously smiley.


Now, I am about to burst with excitement over this new arrival at Pink Castle Fabrics. SKETCH FLANNEL!!!!

12 glorious colours, and available as a fat quarter or half yard bundle as well as yardage. There's also a massive re-stock of regular sketch - including the new colours.


A whole load of pre-cuts for lines that are upcoming have arrived, and more blenders and basics to build up your stash. This week has been a goooooooooood week for fabric at Brenda's place! (I'm still loving those metro living fabrics, such great go-to basics and re-stocked this week)



Fat Quarter Shop has lots of new stock this week.

Storybook classics is a gorgeous 30s repros line from Windham that has both girly pastels...


and more gender neutral primaries...


Happy tones from Michael Miller is a great range of stash building basics comprising of dots, stripes and other useful prints like this lattice print in a variety of fresh, zingy colours...


This book is cool....



that pillow bottom right picture...that's mine....



Sew Fresh fabrics is having a big inventory sale to clear the shelves for new stock. 25% off on around 550 fabrics. Amy Butler, Lizzy House, Valori Wells, Aneela Hoey, Denyse Schmidt....and more.





The sale is only on thru this Sunday, the 19th - so hurry if you want to pick up some great deals

Sew Me A Song has listed these great scrap packs which you just know will be full of good stuff


There are amazing new yuwa fabrics....




And a couple of gorgeous Yuwa bundles including this one...


That's it from me for today - it's just after midnight as I'm finishing this post off so I'm heading up to bed (so I can get up early and start piecing the rows for my second scrappy trip along quilt!!!)

Have a great weekend people!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with
the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.
My web site - blackjack for money

dolores said...

Ack! No more than 2 minutes ago I showed my mom your trip around the world stuff and she wants one for their bed! She said it would be perfect to have a scrappy quilt since she just can't find a nice one that matches their periwinkle colored walls. I myself think that just about anything goes with that color!;) But I will oblige!

Annabelle said...

I so hate the fact that each time I read your posts I end up spending money on yet more stash!

Elsa said...

I"m getting a new couch and the Pillow Pop book is just what I need to make some cute new pillows ~ thanks for the info!

Caryn said...

Oh, look at that glorious flannel in so many yummy colors. I bought some sketch flannel last Fall for backings in charcoal and lipstick and have been petting them since. The colors are even better than they sound. I'm feeling the urge to get them sewn up so I can wash and snuggle them ASAP. By the end of Feb for sure, because I HAVE to be able to use them this winter!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sketch flannel? How fabulous is that?!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links
or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?

My blog addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could
greatly benefit from each other. If you might be
interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Excellent blog by the way!
My web-site ... internet marketing secrets ...

Strawberry Patch said...

Love that owl. He reminds me of vintage clothkits style.

Gertie Pye said...

Ooohhhhh I NEED Sketch flannel! I am doing a baby clothes quilt and it would be perfect. Thanks for the link!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive