Tuesday, 12 February 2013

a bit of what I'm up to

I've had a few really busy weeks, which is meaning I'm spending less time on twitter and more time sewing. That has to be a good thing, doesn't it?

Anyway...if you follow me on instagram you've already seen what I've been doing, but I like to keep a record of it on here too, for myself if nothing else.

Allie at Kaufman asked me if I could rush a little project for their booth at QuiltCon which is next week. A spring carnival something, if possible.

So I did. Because the folks at Robert Kaufman are amazing, and I love Allie to the moon and back.

In just 2 days (seriously, even I am impressed by this pillow. Hand pieced, hand appliqued and quilted to death. I worked fast). So although I won't be at QuiltCon, at least part of me will. Pop by the Kaufman booth and say hi to it for me (fabrics are kona new colors charm pack, white kona, architextures and the binding is modern quilts (so is the back of the pillow).

And it's done. (Takes a little bow) @allieheath @robertkaufman kona new colours charm pack, white kona, architextures and modern quilts.

I've finished my 3rd #scrappytripalong quilt top. This time using Pat Bravo's new collection, Carnaby Street. Real pictures to follow in the next few days. I followed Siobhan's lead and made this one using 3.5" strips - I really like how it looks with those slightly bigger squares. I am trying to avoid starting another scrappy trips quilt, but in all honesty, I don't think this will be my last.

#scrappytripalong carnaby street by @patbravodesign quilt top DONE!!!!

I hand pieced this block (it just needs appliqueing onto the background) which is for a class I'm doing later this year. I'm wondering whether I'm crazy enough to make more blocks and end up with a quilt. I think I might be.

@paperpiecesepp and some of my favourite fabrics. ❤

It's February now (yeh, it's almost 2 weeks in) so it's time for the #xplusalong - do you want to join in?

I need to make more blocks, I've only got 4 so far. My aim for the week is for at least 2 more. We'll see how that goes.

That's better (bottom right still looks wonky - which is freaking me out!) #xplusalong

So that's it - I've checked in, I've shown you what I'm doing, now I'd better get back to it!!!

35 comments:

CathyK said...

Good thing you haven't been busy. Geez! Did ya have time to breathe? Your projects look amazing!!!! Love them all!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

ABSURDAMENTE LINDOS!

Anita said...

Love your pillow and hand pieced block... Yes you'll need to make more ��

Siobhan Rogers said...

I love all of them! :) Colours are great

Nicky said...

Good to see all your creations Katy - love the new EPP. I have finished my quilt top that you lured me into - you siren you!

Imagine how many things I would get done if you didn't tempt me ? But I wouldn't enjoy it quite so much....

Charlotte said...

I'll say hello to your pillow for you!

heart of charnwood said...

Not been up to much then? You're a damn machine woman! I adore the hand pieced block, that's for FQ Retreat right, say yes, and I will be in there like a shot to sign up for that class!

Berlinquilter said...

The new Englisch Paper Piecing Block is WONDERFUL!!! I love it.

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Lovely work! :)

Gertie Pye said...

Wowsers - that is some serious fast EPP'ing. I still haven't finished my EPP from the FQ Retreat last year! Love the new Kona colours and the binding is perfect for this cushion.

Fiesta said...

Katy, those blocks are awesome but they look so challenging to me.

Karen said...

Awesome stuff and agree, you are a quilting machine. Scrappy trip is so addicting and all of yours are amazing. :)

Esch House Quilts said...

What a great Spring Carnival pillow! Love the architextures background with the solids. And that block in the middle is amazing!

Annabelle said...

Some really awesome work there - yet again. x

Elsa said...

Whew ~ you've been busy! Loving that pillow (you did that in record time) ~ so colorful and love the quilting. The hand pieced block is so pretty ~ what's the pattern? And then the x and plus block ~ love it too! so much to do and so darn little time!

Tiara said...

I love following you on instagram!

Svetlana said...

Oh, wow!!! that's a lot of totally amazing, incredibly beautiful projects!!!!

Janice said...

I love everything! I really want to do the X-plus along, if I can find time. Your blocks are so fun. I'll be at the Quiltcon Robert Kaufman booth in spirit, too. Maybe our projects can hang out together and share a drink.

Bridget said...

I will say hello to your pillow top at QuiltCon. Sorry you can't be there!

Pinspot said...

Wow! I adore everything you do. And isn't Architextures the most fabulously versatile line ever?!?

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Loads of gorgeous makes KJ! I love your hand pieced block!!!! That would make an awesome quilt and I'm sure you're just mad enough to do it :)

mascanlon said...

Goodness a very productive month even if you just sit and lounge around the rest of February ( as if). I have so far resisted another Scrappytripalong but I can feel my resistance waning. ave a great day Katy!

Katy Cameron said...

Super cool super fast cushion there! Loving the new class block too, and I'm quite sure you're crazy enough to do anything ;o)

Catherine said...

Lots of gorgeous projects - especially the EPP's

Deborah said...

I love all your hand piecing. I love hand piecing too but find it hard to find designs and patterns. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Poppyprint said...

Gosh you're busy! I just love that incredibly complicated EPP block you made and am trying to work out how it would join with another one, so yes please make more so I can stop exercising my brain.

diane said...

Now I know why you stay so trim...you don't even stop to eat! You make such lovely things and are a true inspiration to me.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Crikey, how on earth have you made all that in such a short space of time?! I love them all but I hope you're remembering to have a rest every now and again!

Anonymous said...

I have never commented before, but I LOVE the things you make -- especially that hand pieced one for your class! Details please???

(Martha -- donnapastore at yahoo dot com

Sherry Of B.S. Crafts said...

Wow! That is a crazy busy intense week! Great work!

Sarah Russett said...

I finally started my scrappy trip quilt but it won't be as pretty as yours. I'm using my huge amount of Jo Morton fabric that I am so over but my son likes enough for it to be a quilt on his bed. It's making a huge dent in my stash! I just ordered Shelburne Falls. I can't wait to get that! I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it. Maybe Camille's new Fireworks pattern.

pandchintz said...

Luuuuuuve your hand pieced block - sensational! So want to start the plus blocks - they're on my list but I haven't made it to them yet. Yours are looking great!

jeifner said...

Please do be crazy enough to do more of those hand pieced blocks as that one is Gorgeous!

Rose said...

I love your scrappies!

Katarina said...

Everything is just gorgeous!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive