Friday, 15 February 2013

de ja vu

I have pieced a backing for the Carnaby Street #scrappytriplong quilt. By pieced I mean a single seam along the length. That's hardly piecing, is it?

scrappy trips (again!)

I used a small floral from Hope Chest by Josephine Kimberling that I got on sale from Pink Castle Fabrics, it sort of doesn't go, which I like. All the elements of it match - the colours and the pattern, but I think probably because the solids in the top and the geometric prints are so loud compared to the florals you are drawn to those and don't realise there are a lot of delicate colours and prints in Carnaby Street.

carnaby street meets hope chest

One of these Henry Glass 108" solids would have been perfect, but I didn't have any and I was too impatient to wait, and (like I said before) I like how it sort of doesn't quite match, it adds to the scrappy look.

close up of the backing

Off you go to Chris and her long arms, little quilt, have fun and see you soon.




17 comments:

2e6992bc-a86b-11e0-8ce6-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Love your scrappy trip. i am definately going to start one. Carol W. crlwilkie@aol.com

Annabella said...

Mmm - love those pinks and blues and pops of orange. Gorgeous.

Karen said...

Can't wait to see it done! Love your backing choice :-)

karen gray said...

I love it... have totally tried to resist starting this quilt, but with all the scraps I have staring at me right now - it's making more sense. Justification.

mascanlon said...

I think this is one of those fabrics that will have you looking to see where it is in the top, the same but different!

Elizabeth Rogers Drouillard said...

Love it! What is that geometric print found on the bottom?

Elizabeth Rogers Drouillard said...

So, never mind then, just scanned the blog and realized it's Carnaby Street, which is what you said straight off. ;) Off to check it out...!

Carla said...

It's gorgeous and I like how you ran the solids through it ; )

Anna said...

Great choice for backing. it is perfectly mis-match-y.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love it!

Anita said...

I think it goes perfectly! Love your quilt :)

Trudi said...

Well I love it and think its just perfect!

Katy Cameron said...

Looks great to me! And laughing at comment #13, bwahaha, payback's a biatch ;o)

Flying Blind... said...

The quilt is beautiful, perfect backing x

QuiltCandy said...

It's going to look fabulous!

diane said...

another beauty

Mandalin said...

can't wait to see this one quilted!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive