Wednesday, 6 February 2013

sew and quilt

I'm really excited to have Jessie of Sew and Quilt as a new sponsor on the blog. I've followed Jessie for a little while on flickr, and her projects are always so gorgeous. It only struck me the other day that she has an online fabric shop. It's a very new shop, only opened late last year, so you may not have seen it before (that's my excuse at least!)

Untitled


After spotting the shop and doing a lot of gasping at the lovely fabrics Jessie sells, I pestered her and asked if she'd become a sponsor, because what I love most about her shop is that it's different. It's full of vintage looking fabrics and 30s repros that remind me of Japanese craft books. Fortunately she said yes and she's sent me this gorgeous bundle of fabrics to have a play with that represent the style of the shop (look at the bunnies on the top of the stack!!!)



Sew and Quilt stock one of my favourite lines of the minute, Pam Kitty Love, as well as bundles of vintage fabrics, liberty lifestyle prints, 30s repros and kaufman kona solids. It's a really lovely shop, and all of the fabrics play beautifully together.

You can read about Jessie and her adventures in crafting on her blog. She also made this amazing scrappy trips quilt. I'm desperately trying to resist starting yet another quilt just so I can have one like hers.  Maybe if I make myself a couple of pillows it will stop me obsessing over it (and the photo too - I wish I had that much light in my house!)

Scrappy Trips Finished


You can follow Sew and Quilt on twitter, facebook (there's a giveaway on facebook at the moment too),  and subscribe to the mailing list to be kept up to date with new arrivals, sales and offers.


11 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love all the spots and stripes she sells, such a lovely choice of fabric!

dolores said...

Another UK shop for you...that's great!:) Hmmmm can't blame you for wanting to make a quilt like hers...it's so soothing!

mascanlon said...

Lovely new spot to explore, thanks! And oh yes, I was wondering already about Scrappy in 30s and 30ish prints, this is so sweet I added it to my someday list...someday, not today!

SIMPLESEW said...

Your right, beautiful lushish vintage

heart of charnwood said...

Some gorgeous fabrics, and in the UK too, bonus!

Annabelle said...

OH OH OH ... need I say more?

Di said...

Oh no I am going to be tempted. This is a new shop to me and it is nice to 'discover' it. Di x

Lyn said...

love the fabric! (and I love Japanese craft books too...) Too bad I live in the US...sigh....

Collette said...

just had a look and yes!!! another UK fabric shop and with something different too! Oh yeah!

Nicky said...

Just when I thought it was safe to visit your blog...

**nicke... said...

beautiful fabrics she has!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive